Thursday, February 5, 2009

How is business?

With all the economic turmoil going on I have had a number for people contact me because they lost their jobs or believe that their employment may not last. This has been more evident for the higher paying jobs- a Major Domo at $150k and a Chef at $120k come to mind.

As for staffing I am fortunate to have a good track record and many contacts with employers and upper level staff in private service situations. I have had fewer new client inquiries. Overall, during the first months of this new year it seems that hiring has slowed from levels that I witnessed in previous years . I believe this is more of a cautious wait and see employer mindset. I believe that the demographics of an aging population seeking help in their personal environments combined with more optimism about the economy getting stronger, will bring an increased number of staffing projects to our organization.

For those private service professional out of work or worried, this is the time to get your resumes focused and fine tuned. There are books and courses that can strengthen your skills and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment